Our Commitment to Safe Enteral Feeding
The Kangaroo™ name is synonymous with safe, innovative nutritional delivery products. Recently, the International Standards Organization created ISO CD 80369-3 defining safe design for an enteral feeding connector. Medtronic, in collaboration with companies across the industry, has helped to develop the ENFit Connection System and the Stay Connected Initiative. By adopting ENFit connections, the complete Kangaroo™ portfolio will have the added safety of an internationally accepted standard for safe enteral connections.
Whether using a standard feeding bag, formula bottle or syringe pump, Kangaroo™ sets will keep you compliant at the formula source. ENFit connections on our feeding bags, spike sets and enteral feeding syringes help you properly connect to your patient tubing. Finally, all of our feeding tubes will also be transitioning to the ENFit connection system to help keep your patients properly connected from beginning to end.
The new ENFit connector has a unique enteral-specific design that provides a simple way to reduce the risk of enteral tube feeding misconnections and improve patient safety.
- Addresses “patient side” connections between feeding tubes, administration sets, medication, flush and bolus feeding syringes, and other enteral devices
- Passes a rigorous validation process including computer aided design (CAD), human factors, and usability testing as part of the pathway to ISO standards
- Does not allow connectivity with any other connector for any other clinical use
- Provides a locking feature that signals the appropriate connection and stays in place
- Has a female connector end for any administration sets and syringes that fit into a male patient-access feeding tube port